Eco friendly Festival - Jazz A Montauban
As environmental issues concern everyone, the Jazz à Montauban festival follows fellow-citizens in their green approach.
The festival organizers have been involved in a project of reducing the event’s energy-consumption for several years by :
- Using Low-wattage lighting…
- Using Automatic taps and low-water-consumption taps...
- Minimizing its waste-production: purchase of products in large containers, use of green cleansing agents...
In order to follow this common goal, Jazz à Montauban encourages its festival-goers to use car-sharing and public transports (the train station is ten-minute walk away from the venue). You will find more information about car sharing in the website's General Information tab.
The festival's snack and refreshment area proposes seasonal and local products. The restaurant uses real dishes that can be washed and reused each year.
The management of waste is mainly organised by our Green Team which takes care of cleaning the whole venue every evening before the next show. This action is done according to the city's household-waste sorting rules. A specific training on these rules is offered to all members of the Green Team.
Jazz à Montauban has set up environmental friendly communication plan :
- The use of recycled papers with light basis weight as well as the use of green inks with the eco-label “IMPRIM’VERT”. The graphic design is created in order to minimize tint areas.
- The printing of papers is limited by using of the other media tools (website ...): the priority is given to digital media. Thus, the festival has been able to reduce the amount programs printed from 6000 to 4000 and still adjust each year this amount.
- At the end of the festival, papers leftovers are given to leisure centres in order to be used for Arts and Crafts.
- Rather than giving away a important volume of tracts, the festival has chosen to give a limited volume of tracts to targeted places such as cultural centres, tourist centres or to people who have subscribed to the festival’s news list.